Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Winter Approaching


This is really a weird departure for me. On About.com, the painting guide gives monthly challenges. This month was to do a painting using only a knife. This was my attempt. I was illustrating winter overtaking the other seasons and covering the earth with her icy grip. Don't know where that idea came from. Maybe because doing a painting with only a knife was so foreign, I did a foreign subject matter as well. It is interesting to see how other artists around the world interpret these monthly challenges. You can view past challenges as well as the current one.

This painting is 16 x 20 on stretched canvas done with acrylic paint.

2 comments:

Rhonda Langley said...

Very creative! Love it! I can't even paint with a brush (unless it is a wall or the side of a house) much less a knife. The contrast of colors is wonderful. Great painting!

Jacquel said...

Wow! I love your work....your paintings are just beautiful!!!! tfs your creativity!!!