Tuesday, March 24, 2009

One Man's Trash is Another Man's Treasure




Here's another weird one for you. I think I've been watching too much Planet Green on TV. I just had to find a use for the pretty plastic sleeves the newspapers come in. I manipulated some of the plastic and my little grand daughter said, "flow". (It is pronounced like flower only without the er on the end.) Well, if an 18 month old can see a flow, I guess I can put it out there. This is a 16 x 18 stretched canvas which I covered with recycled tissue paper. I applied this with gel medium. I used some acrylic paints, pastels and applied my "trash". The bright, shiny flowers are the newspaper sleeves. I added large button centers and black wire stamens. The smaller, daisy-like flowers are made from paper egg cartons that I tore into petal shapes. I painted the upper daisies with acrylic and the lower one is done with pastel. The centers of the daisies are the little glass spheres sold for scrap booking. I had a lot of fun with this one. My husband named the piece for me.

1 comment:

Rhonda Langley said...

This is great! I love it! Look a collage!!! Lots of texture and different materials! Love the background and the flowers!!